Game Summaries & Headlines.
Boys Varsity Baseball vs Chantilly HS
- Game Date
- Mar 13, 2019
- SEAHAWKS: 6
CHANTILLY HS: 5
- South Lakes Seahawks Varsity took their Wednesday night game in dramatic walk-off fashion, thanks to a walk-off single at the end of the game to topple Chantilly Chargers Varsity 2019. The game was tied at five with South Lakes batting in the bottom of the eighth when Garrett O'Connor singled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run.
- South Lakes earned the victory despite allowing Chantilly to score three runs in the fifth inning. Kyle Hodinko and Dylan Siesky drove in runs in the frame.
- In the bottom of the sixth inning, South Lakes tied things up at five. Marcus Dux threw a wild pitch allowing one run across the plate for South Lakes.
- After Chantilly scored three runs in the top of the fifth, South Lakes answered with three of their own. Chantilly scored when Hodinko doubled on a 3-2 count, scoring two runs and Siesky singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run. South Lakes then answered when Ryan Dooley tripled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run and Jack Howard doubled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run.
- Shane Stiehl took the win for South Lakes. He surrendered zero runs on one hit over four innings, striking out three and walking zero.
- Hodinko took the loss for Chantilly. He allowed two hits and one run, walking zero.
- Nicholas Zampiello started the game for Chantilly. He allowed one hit and one run over three innings, striking out four. Jack Thompson started the game for South Lakes. He allowed two hits and two runs over four innings, striking out three
- Dooley led South Lakes with three hits in three at bats.
- Hodinko went 2-for-4 at the plate to lead Chantilly in hits.