Skip Navigation

Seahawks Athletics

South Lakes High School


Seahawks Athletics

South Lakes High School

Seahawks Athletics

South Lakes High School

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: To try out for sports at South Lakes HS, what forms must my son/daughter turn in?

A: There are four forms for each student-athlete required. Additionally, a parent AND a student must complete an online concussion education requirement to be eligible.  The forms and the link to the online website requirement can be found under the “Files & Links” section of the website.

                -VHSL Physical Examination

                -Emergency Care Card

                -Extra-curricular Participation Policy

                -Parent Survey

                -Concussion Education slideshow for parent and student:


Q: What is the phone and fax number in the Activities Office?

A: Office Phone Number: 703-715-4517, Office Fax Number: 703-715-4688


Q: Do I have to turn in another Emergency Care Card (ECC) for my son/daughter if I turned on in to the school earlier in the year?

A: The ECC that you turn in to the activities office goes directly to the coach to be included in their try out paperwork. This ensures that the coach receives your ECC without delay.


Q: Do I have to fill out the Parent Survey if I am not able/willing to volunteer?

A: Yes. Our Athletic Boosters keep a record of all parents, whether they volunteer or not, on file.


Q: Where can I find team scores and schedules?

A: Click on the sport you are looking for in the “Team Selections” section on the main page


Q: How can I get in touch with my son/daughter's coach?

A: Click on the sport under the "Team Selections" heading on the main page and then click on Coaches. You can also call the Activities Office at 703-715-4517.


Q: How can I find out what time the game starts tonight? Has the game been canceled/Postponed?

A: Call the Seahawk Hotline at 703-821-5270 or click on the “Cancellations” link in red on the main page.


Q: What are the official colors of the South Lakes High School Seahawks?


A: Royal Blue and Kelly Green


Q: Where can I purchase South Lakes HS Seahawks Gear?

Seahawk Spirit Wear is available for sale at all home football games, volleyball games, basketball games, wrestling and gymnastics matches.  Additionally, the Seahawk Store will be open during the Back To School Bash 8/17/19, Freshman Orientation, the Block Party 9/6/19 and the First Friday of the months of October, November, December, January, February and March during lunch. 


Q: How do I apply for Field or GYM space on the grounds of South Lakes High School?

A: Scheduling of turf field/GYM time for all user groups goes through Fairfax County Parks Authority – Neighborhood & Community Services. Click on the link here:


Q: How can SLHS supporters help with school beautification or Grounds improvement project ideas?

A: The DC-407/Facilities Improvement project process begins with approval from the Principal, DSA and Coach. After local school approval, the Activities office will request approval from FCPS Design and Construction via the county procedures listed below. If approved by FCPS, Cost Estimates and Work Requests will be issued by the Activities Office to have the project completed.

“Request for capital outlay and facilities improvements shall be submitted to the Office of Design and Construction Services using the Estimate Request link via the Facilities Management System online application ( This link is available only from computers within the FCPS network (FCPSnet). Program managers, in accordance with the current version of Regulation 8565, shall submit requests for maintenance to buildings and grounds (including outdoor concession stands, ticket booths, and dugouts and their related electrical and mechanical systems).”

More information can be found on the FCPS School board website listed below:$FILE/R8270.pdf
Advertisement Advertisement