South Lakes High School Boosters, Inc. GO SEAHAWKS!
Dear South Lakes High School Family -
I am proud to announce that the South Lakes High School Booster Club is hitting full stride as we start the 2017-18 school year. On behalf of our passionate group of parents that comprise the Booster Board of Directors, we would like to take the opportunity to thank the school administration, students, coaches, and all of our great volunteers for supporting our successful ramp-up.
Here are just a few of our accomplishments since the new team came together at the beginning of the calendar year -
- Revitalized the 15-member Booster Board of Directors with a new mission, goals, by-laws and operating procedures.
- Brought on 5 industry exclusive, multi-year Marquis Sponsors and increased sponsorship income 5-fold over last year.
- Digitized the Booster Pass to streamline the purchase process, improve user experience and adopt leading-edge technology
- Upgraded the SLHS Athletics website and Booster web pages and launched a new social media presence.
- Created a new and improved layout and design for our Seasonal Sports Programs.
- Awarded $1,500 scholarships to two of our great student athletes.
- Diversified our concessions and apparel offerings.
- Implemented new fan engagement programs with an entrance tunnel, the revival of the mascot, and a halftime kick contest which contributed to packed and spirited crowds at our first two home football games.
- Coordinated camp registrations resulting in nearly $40,000 in funds going directly to the teams.
- Provided the Athletic Department with approximately $40,000 in funds to support the needs of all teams. Funds were used for support the cost of Hudl video tool for coaches; new record boards for swim & dive, track & field, and cross country; field maintenance; and equipment for field hockey and football.
The fun has just begun -- the fan engagement programs will continue to pick up steam, and we are working closely with the activities office on cool, new programs for later in the year including a Grant Hill jersey retirement celebration, the South Lakes HS Hall of Fame ceremony, and networking events with our sponsors.
We have great group of volunteer parents on the Boosters who are genuinely committed to the success of South Lakes and our student athletes. We are always looking for volunteers, so please reach out if you would like to get involved and join the fun.
We look forward to an exciting 2017-18 and wish our student athletes success!